Saturday, January 17, 2009

Scraps ?!?




If you do almost any amount of sewing your going to end up with scraps. Now , most peoples opinions differ on what size a scrap is. Some people don't save anything smaller then a quarter yard and others (like myself unfortunately ) save every single piece!
The result: You end up with bags of stuff to small to use but to good to throw away ! :-/

I am trying to fix this problem in my sewing room.
One of the ideas a friend suggested to me is to make a scrap quilt. I don't really like the style of crazy quilts but I liked this pattern :)



The Name of the Block is "Log Cabin " It's made up of lots of tiny little strips. They can be any size you want them to be though. I sorted my scraps today and threw out anything I couldn't get a 3'' strip out of. Now when I have enough fabric saved up I will start cutting and piecing it together. It will be fun to look at it when I am done and see pieces from all my projects in the past. :)
I will be sure to post pictures when I make mine ! I also have a snowball quilt that is almost done being hand quilted that I will post pictures of soon. :)



Here is a link where you can learn how to make Log Cabin blocks.
Enjoy !

2 comments:

Katie said...

I love the first pic! Can't wait to see what you come up with. :-)

Unknown said...

oooh! Log cabin quilts are so pretty! Do post pictures when you make yours!! I'm sure it will be lovley!